Just in case you need some help choose a story.
Believe it or not, I’ve been trying to write some novels. While I’ve not yet been able to sell them, it seems reasonable to give you a glimpse while they’re still in progress.
- The Banshee – It’s a decade from now, following something people only refer to as “armageddon”. A few thousand people are huddled into the ARCH: an engineering student project turned into a lifeboat against the terrible winds that threaten to destroy the structure. Joanna De Leon is one of Engineers: former students who now race against the laws of nature and physics and time to keep everyone alive.
I’ve written several stories for my kids as a result of them asking for some at bedtime.
- The Threehouse - Luke's bored. Instead of helping his parents, he decides to go visit with his neighbour, Mr. Sorenson, who has a very unusual building in his backyard.
- The Girl Who Went Up A Mountain - Lumi has always lived in her valley, in her small little space. One day, she wonders where the sun really sets and braves the surrounding mountains.
- The Girl Who Could Fly - Loretta's friends don't believe that she can fly. There's only one way she can prove it.
- The Dream Road - While walking in the countryside with his father, Liam stumbled across an old railway line, and wonders where it used to go.
- My Life As A Cat - Lannie is a young girl who finds herself with a wonderfully lazy day to do whatever she pleases.
As far as drama goes, I’m very much a work-in-progress. Hopefully I’ll get better as I go along.
- The Killing House - When Mirabel's beloved dog dies, her grandmother Beatrix can't tolerate the sadness any longer and takes Mirabel for a lesson that Beatrix herself realizes she forgot.
Stories don’t all have to be made up. Sometimes, they’re true.
- The Soundtrack of My Life – Everyone has their favourite songs. I have a list of songs that have defined moments and feelings throughout my life.
- The Westgate Moose - A little (true) story about a moose who came to visit our neighbourhood.
- Chasing a Sunset - The setting sun is more than just a moment in time, it's a promise to live another day.
Some of my favourite stories come from the taking of a single photograph.